When it comes to providing a high-speed internet connection, Linksys Hydra Pro 6 Setup is the most preferred choice among users. But, being technical devices, Linksys routers are also susceptible to various issues. Ignoring these issues can make the WiFi device non-functional too. The ‘Linksys router blinking power LED’ issue is one of them. Generally, when a Linksys router is switched on, the power LED turns solid white. On the other hand, it will blink when the WiFi device goes through self-diagnostic mode.
If the power LED on your Linksys smart WiFi router is also blinking instead of turning solid white, then walk through this article. Here, we have summed up various tips and tricks that will help you get rid of the issue with ease. So, read on.
Fixed: Linksys Router Blinking Power LED
- Reboot the Linksys Router
The power LED on your Linksys smart WiFi router might be blinking due to technical glitches. The best method to get rid of these technical glitches is by rebooting the router.
Follow the instructions given below to reboot your Linksys smart WiFi router:
- Switch off your Linksys WiFi router.
- Wait for some time.
- Switch on your Linksys WiFi router.
No, check if the power LED on your Linksys WiFi router is still blinking. If yes, then have a look at the next troubleshooting hack.
- Check the Power Outlet
The Hydra Pro 6 blinking power LED’ issue might also occur due to insufficient power supply. So, check whether you have plugged your Linksys WiFi router into a working electrical outlet or not. If the electrical outlet you’re currently using is damaged, then consider plugging your WiFi device into another one.
Note: Avoid using a surge protector to power up your Linksys smart WiFi router.
- Update the Firmware
An outdated firmware can also cause the ‘Linksys Hydra Pro 6’ issue. The reason being, the firmware controls the functionality of the router. Therefore, consider updating the firmware of your Linksys smart WiFi router to the latest version.
The steps to perform Linksys router firmware update are mentioned below:
- Power up your Linksys smart WiFi router.
- Connect the Linksys WiFi router to the modem using a damage-free Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your computer and launch your favorite web browser.
- Access the Linksys router login page.
- Enter the default login credentials of your Linksys router and click Sign In.
- Under the Router Settings menu, click the Connectivity option.
- Select Basic > Firmware Update > Check for Updates
- Let your Linksys router detect if a new firmware version is available or not.
- Now, go through the on-screen instructions to update the firmware of your Linksys router.
After performing Linksys router firmware update, check if the power LED becomes stable. No? Look like the blinking power LED issue is due to the improper configuration of your router.
- Reset the Router
To configure your Linksys Hydra Pro 6 properly, you need to reset it first. Performing factory default reset of the router will erase all the personalized changes made by you.
Following the instructions given below to perform factory default reset of your Linksys WiFi router:
- Ensure that your Linksys smart WiFi router is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Once assured, find the Reset button on your Linksys router.
- As soon as you locate the Reset button, press it using a paper clip or a pin.
- Your Linksys WiFi router will get restored to factory default settings.
Now, perform Linksys router setup from scratch by accessing the web-based setup page. This time you’ll definitely be able to also resolve the blinking power LED issue. However, if you face the same issue in the Linksys extender, then you can also perform the Linksys extender reset process to fix the issue.
This was all about how to get rid of the ‘Linksys router blinking power LED’ issue. We hope that you will successfully fix the issue and have a great experience with your WiFi router.