Having a tough time with your Netgear Orbi device? Are your Orbi router and satellite not syncing? If the answer is yes, it is recommended that you access Orbi router login page and update the firmware of your device. If performing Orbi firmware update didn’t work in your favor, then check out the troubleshooting tips given in this guide. By following these tips, you’ll surely be able to sync your Orbi router to the satellite.
Reasons Why Netgear Orbi Router and Satellite Not Syncing
There can be several reasons why your Orbi router is not connecting to satellite. Some of the most common reasons are listed below:
- One of the main reasons why your WiFi devices aren’t connecting is because the distance between them is too much. Think about it – if the distance between your devices is more than it’s required, won’t you face connectivity issues?
- Is the LED light on your Netgear Orbi device unstable? It’s probably because of a loose Ethernet connection.
- Another major reason why your devices aren’t syncing is because of improper power supply. Either the wall socket is damaged or the power cable has cuts and breakage.
- Has it been quite some time since you last updated the firmware of your device? Yes? Well, there, looks like you’ve just found another reason why your Netgear Orbi router and satellite not syncing.
Now that you know about the reasons why your Orbi devices aren’t connecting, resolving the issue will become much easier.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Orbi Router and Satellite Not Connecting
Walk through the steps mentioned below and learn how to make your Orbi devices sync without any hassle:
Update the Firmware
Sometimes, updating the firmware of the Orbi device is all that it takes to get rid of connectivity issues. Thus, waste no time in updating your Netgear Orbi router. Follow the instructions given below to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update:
- Plug the Orbi into the wall socket and power it on.
- Open a web browser on your laptop and access the orbi login page.
- Go to the Settings option and click on Firmware Update.
Once you are done updating your Orbi router, check whether you are able to sync it with the satellite or not. If not, then continue reading.
Get the Sync Button Fixed
Another thing that you can do to fix the issue is to check the Sync button on both your WiFi devices. Chances are that the Sync button on either of your devices is broken. If it is, get the Sync button fixed immediately. Wasting time won’t take you anywhere.
Once the Sync button has been fixed, follow the instructions mentioned below to connect your Netgear Orbi router to the satellite:
- Power on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Connect the Orbi router to the modem.
- Then, power on your Netgear Orbi satellite.
- Press the Sync button on both your devices are wait for them to get connected.
In this manner, you’ll be able to connect your Netgear Orbi router to the satellite. Now, access the Netgear Orbi login page, go to the Settings option, and have fun exploring the features of your Netgear Orbi WiFi device.
In the Nutshell
So, this was all about how to fix the Netgear Orbi router and satellite not syncing issue. We hope that our guide was able to help you in troubleshooting the issue at hand.