Both Salesforce administrators and Salesforce consultants perform many different tasks for an organization. But many people believe they don’t perform different tasks and there are no differences between their responsibilities. However, there are a lot of differences between the duties of these professionals. Keeping this in mind today we are going to learn about key differences between a Salesforce consultant and an admin.
Here is everything that you must know about these Salesforce CRM experts/professionals.
He is an expert who has complete knowledge of Salesforce CRM. In other words, he is someone who is familiar with all the pros and cons of the CRM solution. Typically an administrator takes on different roles in an organization. Besides this, he also performs many different tasks in an organization. For instance, he is responsible for performing activities like employee training, general administration, etc. Besides this, he is responsible for handling complex business processes, overlooking data management, etc. However, if you are searching for a professional who only manages the CRM then you can hire a full-time administrator. To learn how to store/manage data on the CRM platform in detail feel free to join our Salesforce Admin Online Course.
Generally, a Salesforce admin performs many different tasks in an enterprise. For instance, he is responsible for performing activities like employee training, general administration, etc. Apart from this, he is responsible for managing business processes, storing & managing data on the CRM platform, etc. In a nutshell, a CRM admin has to perform many different and complex tasks in an organization. Following are some of the key activities that a CRM admin performs in an organization:
- Setup user accounts and reset user account passwords
- Maintain the CRM platform
- Store & manage data on the CRM solution
- Maintain security standards
- Monitor system permissions
- Restrict/provide data access
- Customize the CRM solution
- Create CRM reports, etc.
He is an expert who assists an organization in implementing the CRM solution. Besides this, a Salesforce consultant also helps an organization find an ideal CRM solution. Mainly, he is the first point of contact when employees face problems in using the CRM solution. Moreover, the scope of the role of a consultant is also very vast. He takes care of the entire implementation process of the solution. From ideation to implementation to user adoption he takes part in all these stages. Furthermore, he also helps a company in getting the most out of the CRM solution. In other words, no organization using Salesforce can underestimate a Salesforce consultant’s importance.
The scope of the role of a Salesforce consultant is very huge. He performs many important tasks for an enterprise. He takes care of the entire implementation process of the CRM solution. From ideation to implementation to user adoption he takes part in all these stages. Moreover, a consultant also helps a company get the most out of the CRM platform. Apart from this, he identifies KPIs, defines objectives, etc. Following are some of the key tasks that a Salesforce consultant performs in an organization:
- Create a CRM implementation plan and execute the plan
- Create/manage project plans
- Identify KPIs
- Create CRM reports
- Help a company in data cleaning/management
- Integrate the platform with famous Salesforce integrations
- Oversee the entire implementation process of the CRM platform
- Develop plans for feature enhancements
Salesforce Admin vs Salesforce Consultant
You may find some similarities in the tasks that a Salesforce admin and consultant has to perform in a company. However, not all their duties and responsibilities are similar. For instance, a Salesforce admin manages/optimizes the solution. On the other hand, a Salesforce consultant mainly implements the solution and develops plans for feature enhancements. Following are the key differences between these Salesforce professionals:
- A Salesforce consultant work for an organization for a short period of time. On the other hand, the latter works for a company for a long period of time.
- A Salesforce consultant has very limited knowledge of the CRM solution. On the other hand, the latter has in-depth knowledge of the CRM platform.
- Salesforce consultants don’t participate in the customization process of the CRM. On the other hand, Salesforce admins participate in the customization process of the CRM. To learn how to customize the CRM solution as per the client’s requirements in detail feel free to join our Salesforce Administrator Training.
There are many differences between a Salesforce consultant and an admin. For instance, an admin has in-depth knowledge of the solution. On the other hand, a consultant doesn’t have in-depth knowledge of the solution. Similarly, a consultant is responsible for only implementing the solution. On the other hand, an admin is responsible for the management and customization of the solution. In other words, the role of both these professionals is very different. So, don’t think there are any differences between the responsibilities of a Salesforce consultant and admin.