You want to create an Instagram Reel. Well, you’ve come to the right place. Instagram Reels are the latest craze on the platform, with short-form video clips that can go viral and gain many new followers. But creating a Reel that people want to watch is more complicated than it looks. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
For More Information, click here.
In this ultimate guide, we’ll walk you through how to film, edit, and share an Instagram Reel that will get people watching, liking, and following. By the end, you’ll make Reels like a pro and build your audience in no time. Creating an Instagram Reel, Ready to become an Instagram influencer? Let’s get started!
Choose a Theme for Your Instagram Reel
You need a theme to tie it all together to make an Instagram Reel that gets views. Think about your interests or areas of expertise.
Once you have a theme, gather clips, photos, and other media that fit. For example, if your theme is “My Morning Routine,” get shots of your coffee brewing, walking the dog, doing some light exercise, etc.
- Keep clips short, around 3 to 5 seconds each. Variety is key! Mix close-ups, still shots, video selfies, and any other angles.
- Use fun filters and effects to keep things interesting. Instagram has tons of options built right in.
Add music that matches your theme. Instagram has a whole library of songs; you can even use your audio. Just make sure you have the rights to the music before uploading.
Put it together into a 15 to 30-second Reel, and you’re ready to share! Post at a high-traffic time when most of your followers will see it. Engage with everyone who comments and likes your Reel.
Creating a cohesive and engaging Instagram Reel is a great way to connect with your followers and gain new ones. Follow these tips, and you’ll make reels like a pro soon!
Shoot Vertical Video for Your Reel
To make a killer Reel, you’ve got to film it vertically. I know it goes against everything you’ve been taught about video, but vertical is the name of the game on Instagram.Hold your phone upright, not sideways, to capture video in a vertical 9:16 aspect ratio. Creating an Instagram Reel, This fills the entire Reel screen and is the orientation users expect on Instagram.
Keep your phone as steady as possible while filming. Use a tripod or prop your phone up against something solid. Shaky, handheld footage won’t cut it for an eye-catching Reel.
Frame your shot carefully. Leave extra space in front of the subject so they have room to move into the frame. Get multiple angles when possible. Vary between close-ups, medium and wide shots to keep things interesting.
And remember, vertical video is a must for Reels. Even if you have to film horizontal footage for IGTV or YouTube, capture extra vertical clips you can repurpose into a fun, engaging Reel. Your followers will thank you for it!
Add Music to Your Instagram Reel
Add a soundtrack to your Reel.
Music is a must for any Instagram Reel. Creating an Instagram Reel, The right song can make your Reel more engaging and help set the mood. Instagram has a vast library of licensed music you can use for free.
To add music:
- Tap the music icon at the top of the reel editor.
- Browse Instagram’s music library and preview clips of songs to find one you like. You can search by genre, mood, or what’s trending.
- Could you select a song to add it to your Reel? Trim the clip to the portion you want to use.
- Adjust the volume of the music and add fade effects. Make the music louder or softer in different parts of the Reel.
- Consider using multiple songs for longer reels—the transition between songs for more variety.
You can also use your audio by uploading it from your camera roll. Just make sure you have the right to the music before using it. Adding music is critical to creating an engaging reel that people want to watch repeatedly. Take the time to find the perfect soundtrack for your short video, and have fun with it!
Edit Your Instagram Reel
Add effects and filters.
Once you’ve shot your clips, it’s time to edit them together into a reel and make them pop. Add your clips to the Instagram Reels editor by tapping the plus icon.
- Apply filters to give your Reel a cohesive look by tapping “Filters.” Choose from options like “Lark,” “Moon,” or “Sierra.”
- Add effects like “Zoom in” or “Pan” for visual interest. Tap “Effects” to browse the options.
- Adjust the speed of your clips with the “Speed” control. Slow down key moments or speed up transitions.
- Add text, stickers, or emojis to help tell your story. Tap “Text” or “Stickers” to see the options.
- Rearrange clips by dragging them left or right. Delete clips you don’t want by swiping up.
- Add background music to set the mood. Tap “Music” to browse Instagram’s library or add your audio.
Once you’re happy with your creation, tap “Next” to add a cover photo and caption. Review your Reel and make any final tweaks before tapping “Post” to share your masterpiece with the world! With some practice, you’ll be creating professional-looking reels in no time.
Post Your Instagram Reel
Posting Your Reel
Posting your Reel on Instagram is easy.
- Open the Instagram app and tap the plus (+) icon to add a new post.
- Select “Reel” from the menu at the bottom of the screen. This will open your camera in “Reel” mode.
- Tap the gallery icon to select your pre-recorded reel video from your phone. Your Reel will now preview in the Instagram camera.
- Add a caption to describe your Reel. Mention any brands or people featured and use relevant hashtags to help people discover your Reel.
- Choose if you want to add your Reel to your story, profile grid, or both. Adding to your account will make your Reel disappear after 24 hours, while adding to your profile grid will make it a permanent part of your Instagram feed.
- Tap “Share,” and your Reel will be live on Instagram! Check back regularly to see your followers’ views, likes, and comments.
Reels are a fun new way to express your creativity on Creating an Instagram Reel, Get out there and start creating and sharing—you’ll be racking the views in no time! Let me know if you have any other questions about how to make killer Instagram reels.